Wednesday, February 28, 2024

What We Thought We Would Be

No one coached me on the proper manner by which to make a bed, a rudimentary life task

but tidy corners have never been my thing. 

I can admit that now 


I really tried making sense of life together

but a woman begins to feel it

sooner or later

feel it or forget it I always say 


the sooner I realized,

the better for everyone involved

there’s a right way, a best path

call it what you want 


most of us have a goal or desire in mind at the start:

beauty and attraction

we’re so alike 

we get along 

we want the same things in life


and these days that’s saying something 

even if secretly we aren’t sure what those things are


still, the day arrives 

a pall is cast

an unmade bed

quiet reckoning


No comments:

Post a Comment