Thursday, July 7, 2022

Jung’s Coffee Cup


It is morning once again

here we go with another 

night’s dream 

a flowing universal theme

enter a house 

climb a stairway 

descend into the cellar


I interject my usual comment 

spiced with Jung, 

not as if I actually know 

what I’m talking about


but I’ve taken the usual 

psych courses

and I read 


you said you dreamt of a place 

filled with grief and cobwebs

you wander aimlessly, questioning 

and I, too, appear in your dream


I think how lucky you are to have 

recurring dreams 

they’re like a friend who is always there for you

even as you sleep.


then I realize 

how lucky am I to be floating along

in these dreams with you

~~~~~

sunlight pours in 

through our screen porch

my coffee cup in hand


these early hours 

are so often the best 

as I practice active listening

on your behalf

so go on, please tell me more

until your dream is done

No comments:

Post a Comment